We are pleased to share the news that another team member has received her certification in pesticide application. Congratulations Christine!
To become certified with the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD), applicators must develop the knowledge and skills needed to apply pesticides safely, while protecting human health and the environment against misuse. MDARD requires pesticide applicators be trained in the following areas:
- Relevant and associated pests commonly encounter by the applicator.
- The environmental fate of pesticides.
- Pesticide formulations in use as well as application equipment, equipment
calibration, and methods of application.
- Safety procedures to protect non-target organisms.
- Integrated pest management principles.
- Container disposal and storage.
- Worker safety.